EHA Clinics is a world-class private sector comprehensive health care service provider located in Nigeria. We aim to bridge the gap between patients and healthcare services in any setting: the clinic, the home, or through innovative online and mobile solutions. All of our clinics are equipped with the latest healthcare technologies, and the most dedicated team of healthcare professionals, providing a unique range of patient-centric services.
Alongside each EHA Clinics location, operates a Community Health Program (REACH) which utilizes innovative services and financing to promote universal health coverage and access for low-income, uninsured and under-served families and individual. Who we are: EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a chain of clinics spread across Nigeria that provides innovative and technology-driven healthcare to the population.
EHA Clinics currently boasts of three Clinics located in Abuja and Kano and is working to expand to other parts of Nigeria. EHA Clinics uses state of the art equipment to bridge the gap in the provision of high-quality diagnostics and healthcare through routine services (general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography…etc) and specialized services (tele-medicine, medical evacuation, home care, dental care, ophthalmology, and radiology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Coordinator
Locations: Abuja and Kano
- The Nursing Coordinator provides direction and supervision to the nursing staff of EHA Clinics by coordinating the delivery of patient care and maintaining quality assurance by ensuring the implementation of nursing policy and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates the delivery of patient care by the nursing staff by making hiring decisions, establishing professional licensure at hire, orienting and training new staff
- Development of nursing policies and procedures and monitoring adherence
- Provides ongoing advice and consultation to the nursing staff about proper procedures, problem solving and patient safety
- Evaluating the quality and appropriateness of nursing care and documentation of care provided.
- Facilitates the team approach by recognizing each nurse as an important part of the EHA Clinics team
- Serves as a liaison for the nursing staff by conducting appropriate meetings to communicate policy and planning decisions, operational requirements and related matters
- Management of inventory and stock reports of medical consumables and escalates appropriately when minimum reorder levels are reached.
- Helps to assure excellent patient care for EHA Clinics patients by determining nursing staff strengths and weaknesses by performing periodic audits of nursing procedures and analyzing the data.
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem-focused, and age-specific assessment techniques.
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome
- Coordinates and assists in the delivery of a plan of health care with all members of the health team.
- Developing a curriculum for nursing continued professional development and ensuring ongoing skills and competency assessments of each member of the nursing team.
- Oversight of all nursing projects and programs such as antenatal care services, immunization, homecare service delivery, family planning, ultrasonography and empanelment
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
- Audit of clinical practice and review of relevant literature.
- Research unusual symptoms and treatment options, through consultation with physicians and other medical specialists.
- Provide literature reviews and the like; review, analyze and determine the significance of a variety of diagnostic test results
The requirements listed below convey the knowledge, skills, and ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Nursing from an accredited nursing college.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience as a nurse.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is desirable.
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria.
- Evidence of NYSC discharge/exemption certificate (where applicable)
- Previous experience in use of Electronic health records
- Improvement Focus.
- Ability to explain complex information in simple terms.
- Change Management and Project Management skills.
- Strong Computer Proficiency.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary based on our salary scale.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month (based on full-time work schedule).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online