Gran Melia Hotel is a sumptuous hideaway set on a 10 plot land strategically positioned on the tranquil Lekki Peninsular. This hotel offers you the ultimate comfort and privacy. The cutting-edge design and high-tech facilities provide you with the ultimate paradise to unwind and relax in style.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pool Attendant / Life Guard
Reports To: General Manager.
- We are looking to recruit an observant Pool Attendant/Lifeguard to ensure the safety of swimmers and visitors to our swimming pool. The Pool Attendant/Lifeguard will explain safety rules to patrons, warn them about unsafe situations, and enforce policies on showers and proper attire. You will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness by inspecting swimming pool areas, locker rooms and restrooms. You will maintain pool equipment, and monitor and record pool temperatures.
- To ensure success you need to assess situations swiftly, and make judicious decisions regarding the safety of swimmers. Top candidates are excellent communicators, swift and safety-minded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing activities at the Swimming Pool.
- Treating of the water
- Assisting with swimming lessons.
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations and policies to ensure safety of patrons.
- Monitoring designated areas to recognize signs of danger.
- Warning swimmers regarding unsafe situations.
- Maintaining order in swimming areas.
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Performing first aid procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all areas.
- Maintaining records and reports.
- 20 years of age or older.
- Completion of lifeguard training.
- At least 2 years related experience.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.
- Good work Ethics & Attitude
Deadline: 31st December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of email.