Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Experience Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start date: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: (2-3 months)
Direct Line Manager: WASH Program Manager
- Action Against Hunger is looking to fill the role of Case Area Targeted Intervention (CATI) Research Officer to oversee the collection of quantitative and qualitative data, data management and monitoring of data collection ensuring data quality.
- Daily supervision, quality monitoring and analysis of data collection by enumerators;
- Follow up with project team to ensure all CATI forms are duly completed and synchronize on Mwater platform;
- Select and train enumerators on data collection ethics and use of Mwater;
- Ensure that the selected enumerators are willing to support the research work in their communities;
- Prepare and organize a training to all selected enumerators on Mwater tools;
- Conduct daily data quality checks on all data submitted/synchronized to ensure conformity with the research need;
- Develop a data base for all the data collected and update it regularly;
- Ensure protection and privacy of all data collected;
- Proactively identify good practices and suggest improvement to the overall data tool.
- Degree in Statistics, Developmental Studies, Engineering, Demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- High analytical reasoning;
- Conversant with Mwater app;
- Fluency in Hausa and English (both written and spoken skills);
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Deadline: 17th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is an emergency recruitment.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.