Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Scaffolding Superintendent
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Ensure the supervision of scaffolding activities during construction execution. Ensure the coordination of scaffolding Subcontractors to meet contractual requirements and project needs based on construction schedule and budget.
- Promote safe works practices and environmental protection, ensuring that safety standards are respected.
- Ensure that Subcontractors and Direct Hiring Foreman strictly observe applicable safety standards and Project procedures.
- Ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the project quality requirements.
- Coordinate with all discipline supervisors the requirements of the scaffold to be done / dismantled / modified and give instructions to the team to execute the works accordingly.
- Coordinate and check the work carried out by the team, reporting any difficulties to the construction manager.
- Support the scaffolding Supervisors to organize all the means and equipment necessary to perform the work.
- Liaise with Subcontractors and Supervisors to optimize the use of scaffolding materials and personnel.
- Ensure adherence to the planned time frame.
- Gathering of data on manpower, equipment, tools, and materials used daily
- Implement the permit-to-work system.
- Liaise with other disciplines on ongoing operations.
- Ensure the housekeeping of the work location.
- Support the construction manager during the preparation and verification of monthly work progress with Subcontractor’s accounting Team.
- Ensure the management of construction work-front to support Subcontractors during installation and dismantling jobs.
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Minimum of about 5 to 10 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Certification in scaffolding.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online