The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Strategic Communications Officer
Position Number: 21:279
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
Primary Function / Purpose
- Under the supervision of the IFES Nigeria Deputy Country Director/Head of Programs, the Senior Strategic Communications Officer will support IFES Nigeria strategic communications and reporting across all program areas.
- This will include processes and tools developed to enhance the project’s strategic communications and voter outreach programming, as well as support to social media engagement and programmatic reporting.
- Assist Deputy Country Director and the program team in implementing IFES project activities.
- Develop and maintain IFES Nigeria communications platforms, website and social media outlets, ensuring effective engagement with the public and IFES partners.
- Develop content for IFES Nigeria communications platforms, website and social media outlets in coordination with IFES Nigeria program team.
- Coordinate drafting and editing of IFES Nigeria outreach materials – newsletters, bulletins, weekly, quarterly reports, ensuring synergies between IFES Nigeria programs and IFES global programming in line with IFES Nigeria project goals and objectives.
- Develop communications and media strategy and press contacts for IFES Nigeria.
- Manage and expand on IFES Nigeria contact list and database.
- Oversee communication and branding of the IFES Nigeria programs in line with IFES Global and Donor branding requirements.
- Support IFES Nigeria partners with training and development of an effective strategic communications framework.
- Assist in conducting training of beneficiaries and facilitating events with stakeholders.
- Interface with IFES partners on specific areas of current programming and implementation
- Contribute to lessons learned sessions for outreach teams and other partners.
- Contribute to the design and preparation of training materials.
- Provide support to international and local consultants.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Manage proper tracking and documentation of political and election-related activities in the media and IFES Nigeria in the news.
- Provide input on the design and formulation of new program activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in Communications, Political Sciences, Public Information, International Relations or a related field. A Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant job experience working with media, journalism and/or strategic communications.
- Experience in project implementation, management and training is required.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian media and communications environment.
- Good strategic communication and analysis skills.
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English, including the ability to draft material in a variety of styles, for different audiences and within tight deadlines (established track record of writing and/or editing materials for publication).
- Social media and multimedia skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
- Basic computer literacy
- Working-level proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in the English language required.
- Travel may be required.
Physical Requirement/Work Environment:
- Standard office work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply