PalmPay is Nigeria’s fastest-growing payment app with over 5 million users. Licensed by the CBN as a Mobile Money Operator, PalmPay enables Nigerians to create a financial account in seconds and carry out bank transfers, airtime and bill payments securely and conveniently. We are also building out a financial ecosystem that includes agent and merchant networks and access to innovative digital and financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Employment Type: Full time
- As we work to scale to become Nigeria’s #1 payments brand, we are looking for a creative, collaborative and organized social media associate who will build our presence across social media channels.
- This associate will create and update content calendars, write copy and engage our online communities.
- In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with designers and colleagues on exciting campaigns and you will play a crucial role in building the PalmPay brand.
- Develop and implement our social media strategy across platforms
- Create and update content calendars which balance the need for product promotion, user education, brand building and fan engagement and growth
- Engage with marketing colleagues and product, customer care and sales teams and take their needs and ideas into account for your content plan
- Write high-quality, engaging and platform-relevant copy
- Work with in-house design team to create world class visual content
- Manage our blogger and influencer outreach programme
- Monitor, analyse and report on key social media KPIs and continually adjust strategies and content to optimise performance
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to ensure brand consistency across channels and contribute to the planning of integrated campaigns
- Work with the customer care team to create best-practice guidelines and response templates to help them engage with our online communities
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, industry trends and competitor activities
- Own and operate a social media budget to be split between platform ads, giveaways, content production and influencers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 2.1 classification
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience, ideally working in tech startups and/or international companies
- An expert understanding of social media related workflows and KPIs
- You are strongly self-motivated and can work independently to drive projects
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Creative and curious – you are brimming with ideas for campaigns and posts and are always learning
- A natural eye for good design
- You pay close attention to detail
- You love working collaboratively and as part of a team
- You can effectively manage projects that involve multiple stakeholders and drive tasks to completion
- You are able to manage multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Flexibility to accommodate emerging responsibilities and last-minute changes
- You apply a data-driven approach to your work and optimise campaigns based on analysis of key KPIs
- Completed a digital marketing course or certification
- Experience working with project management tools such as Asana, Weekdone, Trello
- Experience working with cross-cultural and/or distributed teams
- Knowledge of the Nigerian fintech sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online