Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Product Specialist (Technical Account Management)
About the Role
- At Paystack, we’re privileged to work with some of the most ambitious and innovative companies across Africa. These companies choose Paystack because beyond providing a first-class payment experience, we’re dedicated to helping them grow and achieve their full potential.
- Paystack is an API-first company, and our product suite aims to give developers superpowers to build incredible payment experiences. Technical Product Specialists manage the developer experience across across several touch points.
- We ensure that our public documentation contains all the information developers need to bring their ideas to life, we build integrations with best-in-class tools so that businesses can find success with Paystack quickly, and we partner closely with customer-facing internal teams to help current and prospective merchants figure out how to bring innovative new technical solutions to market.
What is the Scope of Responsibilities?
- As a Technical Product Specialist on the Technical Account Management sub-team, you’ll work closely with some of our most important merchant partners to help them solve business problems with the Paystack API.
- You’ll meet with merchants who’re looking for a reliable payment provider and propose innovative, and comprehensive solutions to their problems. You’ll create product demos that indicate a deep understanding of the merchant’s business and the problems they’re trying to solve. Where necessary, you’ll work on sample apps and code snippets that reduce the amount of time it takes for these merchants to go live, by giving them the scaffolding they need to build their payment solutions, instead of starting from scratch.
- You’ll work with the Sales and Key Account Management teams to strategize and create plans to ensure success for key merchants across various industries. When merchants are ready to begin their integration, you’ll be on standby to provide guidance as a technical advisor and troubleshooter, helping to unblock their development teams.
- You’ll work closely with these key merchants to help them unlock further value from Paystack, from encouraging them to implement new features, to making suggestions on how best to structure their calls to our API. You’ll become a trusted advisor to the CTOs and engineering departments at these companies, as well as their advocate within Paystack, channeling their needs and wants to our Product teams for prioritization.
- Your proximity to our merchants gives you first-hand context that our Product and Engineering teams will rely on when planning their roadmaps and prioritizing new features or products. You’ll be able to provide valuable insight to our Developer Experience team, by sharing feedback from your accounts on what’s working for them and what isn’t.
- There has never been a better time to join Paystack. We’re building the financial technology rails that thousands of businesses across several countries rely on to drive growth, and as a Technical Product Specialist, you’ll be right in the middle of the action helping these businesses bring their ideas to life.
- This is a full-time role, and you’ll report directly to the Customer Success Manager for Integrations. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT -3 to GMT +3 timezones. If you’re based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it’s safer to travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with the Sales and Key Accounts teams help prospects evaluate and adopt Paystack solutions. You’ll help drive the discovery process to deeply understand merchants’ pain points, and propose technical solutions that solve them
- Support merchants by investigating and solving technical issues.
- Create product demos and proofs of concept that demonstrate Paystack’s ability to solve a wide range of merchants’ business needs
- Communicate data-driven insights, recommendations, and merchant feedback to relevant internal teams to influence product development and developer relations efforts.
You’ll thrive as a Technical Product Specialist if you:
- Have strong communication skills and enjoy the challenge of understanding key customer requirements and articulating the correct solution to our customers. Technology consulting experience is a plus.
- Are perceptive and a fast learner. You’re able to quickly understand the technology that powers Paystack and able to leverage your understanding to help our merchants achieve their goals.
- Can connect with both technical and non-technical audiences, able to easily translate and serve as a mediator between both groups
- Are a strong problem solver. You genuinely enjoy getting into the weeds of customers’ issues and finding both short and long term solution to problems
- Have software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP, Ruby)
- Have experience building with REST APIs.
Nice to have:
- You are or have been an entrepreneur or business owner.
- Have worked in a consulting capacity for businesses.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2021 at 11:59 PM WAT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the Apply Now button to go to the application form, and answer the application question.
- In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.
Leave a Reply