The “Women Entrepreneurship for Africa” (WE4A) program is an action jointly supported by the European Union (EU), the Organisation of African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), and the German Development agency GIZ (E4D program).
It is focused on empowering underserved communities in Sub-Saharan Africa comprising of women, youth, and the informal sector. The Acceleration/Growth Programme will be implemented with support of SAFEEM (Swiss Association for Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets).
Women entrepreneurship for Africa is an EU, OACPS and BMZ funded program, that seeks to provide 120 female entrepreneurs from the TEF alumni network, with access to €10.000 in grant funding that will be paired with 3 months of technical support through a virtual acceleration program.
The program aims to improve the business capacity of women-led enterprises to increase their chances of raising follow-on funding from private sector investors. Additional grant funding up to €50.000 in conjunction with a growth program will be provided to 15 enterprises selected by an expert panel as having the most high-growth potential. This program will be an additional 3 months.
Both the initial acceleration and the follow-on growth programs aim to support women entrepreneurs, in Sub-Saharan Africa, to flourish and contribute to employment creation in their communities through enhanced business capacities, access to formal financial services, and integration into local and regional value chains.
- €10,000 in grant funding to 120 women entrepreneurs from the TEF alumni network.
- 3 Months of technical support through a virtual acceleration program.
- Up to €50,000 additional grant funding for up to 15 enterprises with high-growth potential.
Who is Eligible?
- Female entrepreneurs from the TEF Alumni network.
- You should have a working product and ideally already have customers.
- the program is open to businesses operating across all business sectors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply