Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to over 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of 4.8 million farmers. Through our purpose to ‘Re-imagine Global Agriculture and Food Systems’, Olam aims to address the many challenges involved in meeting the needs of a growing global population, while achieving positive impact for farming communities, our planet and all our stakeholders. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, Olam currently ranks among the top 30 largest primary listed companies in terms of market capitalisation on SGX-ST.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- The role requires an individual with excellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple company projects.
- The responsibilities include managing everyday maintenance requirements, guiding and managing the field engineering teams and setting long and short-term project goals.
- You will be required to negotiating with vendors and clients, ensure that projects stay within time and budgetary restraints, and compile required reports for defining action items.
- You are a person who regularly upgrades yourself and keeps abreast of cutting-edge advancements in your field and is dedicated to excellence.
- Great people skills are always a plus point. The incumbent would be responsible for plant maintenance of Ghana, Cameron & Senegal mills.
- Overall management of all processes that pertain to breakdown, maintenance and performance of the plants.
- Exceeding prescribed standards on hygiene, establishing new benchmarks when it comes to this aspect of maintenance.
- Deep understanding of the regulatory framework and organizational guidelines for the health and safety of all employees of the plants.
- Ensure all functional management are aware of the correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory.
- Exceed advisory and not just regulatory guidelines on the green initiatives. Ensure production plants produce minimal dust and noise both internally and externally.
- Effective resource management to maximise capacity utilization and to deploy processing and quality resources accordingly.
- Process monitoring and optimization to move towards elimination of controllable losses and minimizing the impact of non-controllable losses.
- A hands-on approach for regular site inspection and a flair for training and keeping the team engaged.
- Sensitizing and training the entire workforce on matters of safe working practices and their role in maintaining the highest standards of safety.
- Work with the team to identify personnel training needs.
- Actively promote training and personal development on-site (Costs to be controlled within agreed budgets).
- Best in class vendor management practices to be central for cost-effective management of external contractors – seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure quality service at approved costs.
- Coordinate with managers to maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays, recorded in the General Office).
- Robust systems to be deployed along with respective managers to ensure the safekeeping of all company agreements and financial instruments.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, QEHS, HACCP related certification.
- Relevant certifications for current practices in plant management/maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- 15+ years of experience in handling maintenance, utilities and projects in several jobs as mechanical/electrical engineer and project-related management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Leave a Reply