MEDLOG Logistics Services Nigeria Limited is a Nigerian registered company based in Lagos with its Head Office in Apapa. It is the logistics arm of MSC, enabling a one-stop-shop for global supply chain operations. With a presence in 70 countries and over 12 million TEU handled per year, MEDLOG is one of the world’s largest inland transport and logistics providers in terms of the extensive geography covered by its services.
We facilitate the trade, handling and transport of goods with integrity, responsibility and respect to the environment. Based on decades of experience in integrated logistics, we are continuously investing in infrastructure, assets and specialized teams, as well as adapting to the latest technology and digitization trends. We offer flexible multi-modal transport solutions and internal storage services to customers in all sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Employment type: Full-time
We are currently recruiting a Commercial Manager whose responsibilities will be as stated below:
- Negotiating contracts minimizing/ liabilities/ indemnities on company.
- Recognizing business opportunities and reporting monthly new prospects.
- Registration with various vendor entities, FMCGs for future/potential projects.
- Risk assessments on various projects/ clientele in terms of exposure.
- Recognizing future investments and applying on contracting with entities, scheduling meetings with clientele for further development on clearing and transport volumes expected reporting packs to be generated and shared on market overview and KPIs.
- Getting costs from stakeholders, negotiating, and following up for approvals from clients.
- Preparing quotations and sending them out to clients.
- Getting approval from clients i.e., transport/ additional clearing charges etc.
- Service clients with information and support (i.e., following up to resolve escalated issues) and build relationships.
- Overseeing full clearing activities and monitoring end to end delivery with SDM’s, finance and haulage teams.
- Assisting and mentoring CRMs/ SDMs work.
- Financial management of files increasing profitability while maintaining same quality to value.
- Look to strategically improve procedures internally by reviewing and developing operational process flows to enhance the workflow and save cost.
- Invoice delivered shipments timely and correctly.
- Reconcile any query on invoices to ensure swift payment by the client.
- Follow up with client on receivables.
- Reporting packs on various leads and meetings held with clientele, finding a way forward on onboarding high end clientele list i.e., value to service.
- Initiate]/Plan/ propose milestones for expected monthly volumes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years’ experience in logistics sector.
- Working knowledge of MS office.
- Experience using CRM tool.
- Basic knowledge of business analysis tools.
- Business acumen.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Persuasion skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Top class HMO benefit
- Professional membership dues payment
- Lunch provision every day (for those physically present at the office)
- Life assurance policy
- Leave allowance 24% of your annual basic salary.
- 13th month salary
- Annual salary increase is done yearly based on performance
- Monthly provision (Milk, Beverage, etc.).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We are an equal opportunity employer, which means that we are committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment to all persons. Our staff are essential to achie
Leave a Reply