The Youth Network for Community & Sustainable Development is a youth-led movement catalyzing social change by engaging young people on critical sexual and reproductive issues affecting them and amplifying their voices to speak for Human Rights, through targeted advocacy to key players, capacity building and development, communications and media engagements, partnerships and programme implementation. We also work on a broad range of issues such as Gender, Governance and Environment, however, our priority over the years have been on Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights.
Since its inception, YNCSD has been catalyzing efforts of young people towards ending Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C) and gender-based violence, through effective programming that transforms social norms underpinning these practices as well as promoting reproductive health and rights for women and girls. Part of our activities is to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted and women and girls have access to reproductive health services and are given the opportunity to exercise full agency over their bodies. We pride ourselves to be a leading youth-led organization delivering quality programmes and interventions for our donors and partners based in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Officer
Location: Ife East LGA, Osun
Employment Type: Contract
Offer / contracting: As soon as a suitable applicant has been identified
Consultancy period: Three months with 1 month probation.
- The ACHIEVE Project is an anticipated project and subject to being awarded aimed at providing information and services that will lead to change in social norms and attitudes underpinning harmful cultural practices such as female genital mutilation. ACHIEVE Project Nigeria is planning to contract a Community Engagement Officer on a part-time basis, to help
- the Project meet its growing need for quality engagement and public interaction services. The successful applicant will provide technical support to the Head of Programme in penetrating communities and contribute to the development and improvement of project deliverables, risk mitigation and attitudes transformation produced by the Project. He/She will ensure that all ACHIEVE Project activities at the community level follow donor specified community engagement guidelines, provide the best possible functionality and usability to the project partners and contribute to the overall project success.
- This position will be based preferably in Ife East LGA in Osun state
- The responsibility of this consultancy is to ensure the implementation and adherence to existing community mobilization for action guidelines; advocacy entry points, the layout of mapping and the design of innovative approaches.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Implement YNCSD’s branding policy:
- Manage ACHIEVEs’ Project community engagement activities and contracted consultants and provide expert advice, focused and coordinated with programme priorities,
- Demonstrating innovation and excellence
- Develop and implement entry point routes for team members in all of the Project’s community engagement activities
- Develop new strategies for strengthened advocacy and resource mobilization and create greater awareness of ACHIEVE’s vision and value to key constituents in order to increase partnership and funding opportunities.
- Design and layout of community advocacy and relationship building:
- Build strong networks with gatekeepers and key influencers in focal communities Suggest key advocacy routes and penetration strategies for advocacy and communications team
- Deliver successful liaison products to meet the needs above, such as meeting facilitation, stakeholder engagement and positive lobbying
- Detailed specifications for each individual assignment will be given to the selected Community Engagement Officer as and when the Officer’s services are requested.
Qualification and Expertise
The successful entity is required to meet the following criteria:
- Essential: University Degree or working towards a Degree in Advocacy, Communications, Journalism, Public health and/or a related field.
- Desirable: An Education combination of advocacy, communication, journalism, and/or media with public health or a health-related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of advocacy and community interventions on sexual and reproductive health and rights issues.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in community mobilization or action, leadership and ability to successfully interact with diverse stakeholders at the local and national levels.
Deadline: 22nd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please send their CV and Cover Letter addressed to “the HR Manager” via email to: email@example.com using “Community Engagement Officer (Osun)” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close applications earlier than the date stated.