The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR / Admin Officer
Requisition ID: req20923
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
- The HR & Admin Officer reports to the Human Resources Manager in Maiduguri.
- The Human Resources & Admin officer will be responsible in all HR matters, functions and general office management of the IRC office in Monguno, and to assist the HR Manager & the HR Lead in all related HR & Admin functions and ensuring compliance with IRC Way.
- Ensure compliance to hiring policies and procedures.
- Support in the recruitment cycle, along with our recruitment team
- Manage staff contracts and all personal files, & track the new hires on boarding, this includes file all their new paper works in both personal & E personal files.
- Liaise with the hiring managers regarding staff contracts, paperwork, ATCs & all other documents related to the new hires
- Compile and submit updated IRC Monguno contact List by the 1st of every month.
- Follow up on employee’s benefits; health insurance, life insurance, & social security.
- Maintain knowledge of national staff entitlements and benefits.
- Maintain up-to-date leave tracking record, and follow up on leaves for all staff, make sure that everything is reflected on the report.
- Make sure to collect the timesheet for all staff on a timely manner and track it.
- Maintain tracking for the IRC staff emails, and coordinate with IT department for any new updates in this regard.
- Make sure to follow up correctly on the exit process following the IRC internal manual & practice for all employees and release the final settlement and other paperwork to Finance department on a timely manner.
- Always maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive HR information
- Perform other job-related tasks as requested by the HR Manager and HR Lead
- Assist in ensuring payment request for office consumables are raised
- Provide support for New Hire orientation and onboarding including communicating orientation timetables to all facilitators, coordinate new hire documentation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives as may be required.
- Work with the HR Manager to identify and assess training needs and development opportunities using staff performance and development plans as a standard and working with Unit Heads.
- Facilitate staff annual PME processes.
- Provide regular briefings to HR Manager and Coordinator on HR matters, including the status of trainings, leave balances, timesheet submission etc.
- Serve as a link between the HR and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems in consultation with HR Manager and Coordinator.
- Educate and support management & staff in implementation of HR programs, practices and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage lease agreement in close coordination with senior Admin officer Maiduguri.
- Manage Guest house and supervise Admin Assistant.
- University Degree in Management, Human Resources, Administration or related fields.
- Approximately 2 – 4 years of professional experience in Administration/Office Management.
- Previous experience with Human Resources generalist.
- INGO experience preferred.
- Fluency in English, Hausa, knowledge of Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- Teamwork skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility in teamwork.
- Report to supervisor on variances and statuses on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to enter and retrieve data and information accurately and rapidly.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g., Nigerian labor law/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to IRC Nigeria.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- The position will be based in Monguno, Borno State.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Standards for Professional Conduct
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.