TechAdvance is a payment application development company with a strategic focus in developing and deploying niche payment companies to serve the needs of large public and private sector organisations in Emerging markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intermediate Java Developer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- If building infrastructure for hundreds of businesses in Africa excites you, this role is for you.
- We are looking for an intermediate Java Developer to own and ensure that our platform and core infrastructure product is safe and secure by design.
Every day, you will …
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Create the formal design documentation as required
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Translate requirements and use cases into functional applications
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices.
You would be great for this role if you have…
- Minimum of 4 years of professional Java, Spring Framework development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Hibernate, Oracle, and MySQL, PostgreSQL), SQL and ORM technologies.
- Experience with creating, managing and consuming RESTful APIs, and understanding API lifecycle
- Experience in different integration methods and protocols. E.g. Rest, JSON
- The ability to implement microservices and understanding of microservice architecture is an advantage
- Experience with, or understanding of Git, CI/CD, AWS infrastructure services, Docker, EFK, Kafka, AWS Cloud environments, Docker containers.
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your network by working with some of the best minds we know. You will also get to work with an amazing team of designers, managers and strategists.
- We believe we’re doing impactful work at Bloc—helping founders build FinTech solutions for the African market, indirectly contributing to financial inclusion. You will get first-hand experience contributing to impact-driven work.
Where would you work?
- We have an office in Lagos. However, we currently work remote, though once in a while there might be a need for physical presence.
You shouldn’t take this role if …
- You need top-down step-by-step directions on how to carry your tasks.
- You will work in a very fast-paced, quick learning environment.
- You will work in very high impact areas and collaborating with your team is of utmost importance to drive alignment.
- You find excuses for why you can’t get something done.
- While we understand that there’s a possibility that your skill level may not be as advanced, “not possible” is not a reply we want to hear.
Deadline: 22nd October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online