You Centred Consulting – Our client, an International School, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Assistant
Location: Ikeja GRA, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: November 2021
- We are looking for a talented and highly analytical lab assistant to join our growing team as the lab assistant.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of lab procedures and understand the importance of maintaining a clean workspace by following all lab regulations for health and safety.
- In addition to having strong attention to detail, you must be responsible and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- If you thrive in fast-paced working environments that require a professional with drive and exceptional analytical skills, then you could be our ideal candidate.
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment.
- Maintain all laboratory records.
- Coordinate placing orders for inventory supplies needed in lab.
- Involve in experiments delivery and needed supplies.
- Provide delivery of package and label solutions.
- Head responsibility of equipment and feed storage areas maintenance.
- Update routine records of cage sanitation and wash chemical supply usage.
- Report cage equipments and chemical requirements to supervisor.
- Supervise stocked chemicals for right storage.
- Prepare chemical waste, disposal forms, reagents and experiments solutions.
- Ensure to dispose outdated components appropriately.
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyze results, and document your findings.
- Stay informed with the latest industry trends, techniques, and best practices.
- Document all activities, results and report back to management.
- Clean and sterilize equipment and work area.
- Collect and prepare research and information needed for studies.
- Classify and label samples.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks such as filing and answering telephones.
- OND, HND or B.Sc, in a related Science field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and automated laboratory equipment.
- A critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
N80,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
Deadline: 20th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.