Owens & Xley Consults – Our client in the Education industry, a vibrant co-educational school that runs a blend of the Nigerian and British National Curriculum, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Primary School Teacher
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
We are seeking to hire qualified and experienced Primary School Teachers in the following departments:
- The class teacher creates and delivers engaging lessons to students at Primary level, promotes enthusiasm for learning and for subjects, adheres to the school’s teaching curriculum standards, collects and reports correct and detailed records of student performance and maintains classroom order.
- The ideal candidate should be a competent professional with in-depth knowledge of best teaching practices and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- S/he must also demonstrate outstanding presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Introduce interactive activities into the classroom and encourage creativity in students.
- Plan, Prepare and Teach exciting, challenging, and engaging lessons.
- Evaluate the attainment and progression of pupils.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintaining discipline;
- Teaching all areas of the primary curriculum;
- Working with parents to maximize their involvement in the school and the development of resources for the school
- Meeting with other professionals such as education welfare officers and educational psychologists, if required.
- Organizing the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Support School behavioral policies encouraging reinforcement of positive behavior.
- The ideal candidate should hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 3-5 years experience in implementing the British National Curriculum
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills Relevant license/teaching certificate
- Must be a certified member of the Teachers Registration Council (TRC)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be passionate about teaching and comfortable to relate with children.
- Patience and flexibility.
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and school educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen.
N180,000 – N250,000 monthly.
Deadline: 6th Decmeber, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.