Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Financial Reporting Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Purpose of the Role
- The Senior Financial Reporting Officer will be responsible for preparing government financial filings and coordinating the company legal and financial teams.
- Monitoring company financial statements and reports to verify their accuracy and to find ways to limit or reduce costs.
Key Performance Areas:
- Fixed asset register management.
- Support the annual budget process; prepare appropriate guidelines and templates
- Preparation of Monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Posting of transactions and classification items in accounting software.
- Assist in facilitating internal and external review of quarterly financial statements.
- Assist in the Preparation of Monthly and Annual Budget.
- Recognizing all corporate payment in their respective account on medicplus
- Manage relationship with the external auditors.
- Preparation of financial statements for group and subsidiaries.
- Develop account reconciliations, journal entries, data compilation and analyses ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Ensure that transactional documentations are complete with all the requisite approvals before such transaction is processed.
- This role reports to the Finance Manager.
Education, Certification and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounts.
- 4-5 years of experience.
- ACA, and ICAN Certification
- Knowledge of IFRS regulations, internal auditing, and public accounting
- Very strong analytical skills – both quantitative and qualitative
- Solid awareness of key commercial and operational drivers of the business
- Ability to combine deep technical regulatory understanding, sound commercial awareness of business impact and solid understanding of stakeholder agendas to be able to set out the best regulatory approach for the company
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate complex issues simply and persuasively, both face to face and in writing
- Credible, comfortable and effective in engaging senior stakeholders (e.g. Executive Team, Board, Senior regulators)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage key formal processes with due care (e.g. clear audit trails and thorough documentation)
- Ability to take a sophisticated approach to risk management and compliance which balances often conflicting priorities to deliver the best overall business outcomes
- Integrity, assertiveness and resilience to ensure the company remains compliant with its regulatory obligations even when unpopular
- A high level of personal motivation (positive ‘can do’ attitude)
- Ability to motivate and develop others to build and lead high-performing
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while providing oversight to additional staff
- This job description is not exhaustive and will evolve as the Company’s organizational needs change.
Deadline: 31st October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.