Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resource Operations Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: HR Operations
- As a Senior HR Operations Associate, you will be responsible for implementing new company policies and maintaining internal HR systems.
- Ultimately, you will ensure our HR initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment by building partnerships with departments leaders and employees across departments own levers on end-to-end employee lifecycle management.
- Onboard new team members into these teams by ensuring a world class onboarding experience by coordinating initiatives to create the best experience for new hires.
- Participate in hiring for these teams, developing contract terms for new hires, promotions, and transfers.
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases.
- Address employees’ queries (e.g. on compensation and labor regulations).
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs, craft career paths & learning plans.
- Monitor key HR metrics, create detailed reports on HR costs.
- Grow & manage performance for these teams by providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Engage & retain.
- Manage internal communications on people related matters.
- Support organizational development for these functions and participates in the evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Manage offboarding of employees.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience resolving complex people relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Salary: B.3 – C.1
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online