Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January, 2008; and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as; emergency/trauma centre, a helipad, a major radiology diagnostic centre, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
Job Code: AL0004
- Reporting primarily to the Admin Officer, as a driver you will be responsible for checking the vehicles before and after work, keeping them clean inside and outside as well as reporting any faults.
- The incumbent will work with the maintenance officer in arranging the maintenance services for the vehicles.
- Other vehicles of the Transport Officer will include; driving staff and visiting consultants to their desired destinations; cleaning and maintaining the vehicles and transporting patients with the ambulance.
- Responsible for the transport and safety of staff, visiting consultants and patients.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the vehicles and ambulance.
- Responsible for reporting all vehicle faults to the maintenance/logistics manager.
- Completing the daily mileage and service records for the vehicles and ambulance, which are to be checked by your supervisor.
- Liaise with the maintenance officer any maintenance work to be carried out on the vehicles and ambulance.
- Responsible for airport pick-ups and drop-offs of the Medical Director, staff arriving from other branches, and other visiting consultants.
- Responsible for the waybill of parcels.
- Drives an ambulance to transport patients, usually with the help of a nurse.
- Ensure all the requirement for an ambulance is functioning properly.
- Minimum of an SSCE qualification
- 5 – 10 years relevant work experience.
- Proven experience as a Driver.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Familiarity with GPS devices.
- Ability to heavy packages and luggage.
- Should possess a polite and professional disposition.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g, at rush hour).
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Deadline: 5th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Code (AL0004) as the subject of the email.