Private Airlines Services Limited (Operators of United Nigeria) is a wholly Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the registered tradename: United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Baggage Handler
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Station Manager
- The Baggage Handlers will be in charge of baggage, cargo and mails.
- The Baggage handlers reports to the station manager and is assigned the responsibility of exercising efficient and effective handling of all the baggage, cargo and mails on all United Nigeria flights.
- Supervising and coordinating all baggage, cargo and mails at the station.
- Receiving all checked – in baggage at the check -in counter
- Send and sort out of checked -in baggage into the baggage trolleys
- Ensure movement out of the baggage to the aircraft for loading after due identification by the respective Bonafede passenger.
- Report any suspected Dangerous Goods in any passenger baggage
- Make sure the excess baggage charge corresponds to the weight
- Ensure baggage are tracked and processed on flights they are check-in for
- Ensure correct baggage tagging / labeling.
- Report and bring to notice of the passenger discrepancies as per baggage condition and weight.
- The movement of arrival baggage from the aircraft to baggage hall for passenger identification.
- Supervise baggage services such as Lost & Found
- Being vigilant at assigned location / duty post
- Pay attention to baggage questioning to passenger
- Handle passenger baggage with care, not to drag or throw baggage
Education & Physical Requirements
- OND / ND / WAEC.
- Must be comfortable to work under pressure.
- One or two years’ experience as a Baggage Handler.
- Must be strong and energetic.
- Ability to work late hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application (indicating location) and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.