Tetra Tech Company is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job No: 21600000148
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish third-party monitoring (TPM) system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Affairs (BHA).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for BHA programs in Nigeria that will increase stakeholder understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning, program accountability, and beneficiary accountability, which will be useful for real-time programmatic adjustments and future program design.
- The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Logistics Specialist and will provide all required support to the program in a timely, compliant, and transparent manner.
- This position will report directly to the Finance and Administrative Manager and will undertake tasks under Office Operations.
- Organize and archive information related to project function and administration.
- Perform errands in support of assigned projects.
- Perform follow-up calls to provide confirmation of receipt of official correspondence, reservations, and other communications.
- Support procurement actions for office supplies and materials and ensure of an adequate supply of office materials.
- Provide operational support to HQ staff and other consultants visiting the project.
- Assist in organizing events and corporate hospitality functions.
- Process payments by generating goods received notes for all office/operational activities, services rendered and completed by the vendor.
- Support the implementation management of the project petty cash fund.
- Assist staff with postal/shipping requirements.
- Keep records of incoming and outgoing call/visitor’s logs and ensure proper coordination with project security guards.
- Assist in the operational management and maintenance upkeep of all project office facilities.
- Maintain up-to-date records of all rent, service and utility contracts and assist in prompt payment of rents, service, and utility bills.
- Support NMP IT staff in the installation and troubleshooting of IT-related issues.
- Complete any other assignments as determined by the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party or Finance and Administrative Manager.
- Higher National Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At minimum three years of experience in Administrative and IT Operations/Management.
- Ability to implement and manage tasks proactively without waiting for instructions.
- Excellent knowledge of Abuja roadways.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to interact effectively with international and national staff, vendors, subcontractors, and clients.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online