AEF Academy is an affiliate organization of the Africa Economic Forum (AEF), committed to enhancing training programs for African youths and ensuring the youths acquire skills for future purposes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Location: Lokogoma / Dakwo District, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Part-time
- The AEF Academy is conducting a pilot program in the Federal Capital Territory and needs a highly competent individual with excellent grades and experience in teaching.
- The incumbent will work with the AEF Academy team to develophigh level programs to teach students and drive other projects of the Academy.
- The ideal candidate must excel in teaching Mathematics, Basic Science and Basic Technology for Junior Class and Futher Mathematics, Pyshics, Chemistry and Biology for Senior class.
- Create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on national, local and school standards in science education and research and knowledge of developmental behaviors.
- Deliver high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
- Evaluate student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
- Maintain a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modelling expected behaviour and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviours that are not in line with the school discipline plan.
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress, potential and behaviour periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
- Improve skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science Education or another related field.
- 3 years of work experience.
- Completion of an internship or field experience in secondary education
- Current certification in science education
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- The Ideal candidate must reside within the Lokogoma / Dakwo District of Abuja Municipal Area.
Deadline: 25th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.