EjiCareers – Our client, Nairametrics Financial Advocates Limited, is a leading financial resource company based in Nigeria. We provide our clients (including visitors to our website) with up to date business, investing and financial information from Africa’s largest economy. We also have a consulting arm that provides bespoke financial management services to clients.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Content Publication and Business Editorial
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for publishing financial, economic, and business articles, reports and other content forms for Nairametrics digital assets, reporting into the Editorial Board.
- Edit a high number of articles daily/breaking news (30 articles minimum) in a timely manner
- Ensure error free publications i.e. no typos, grammatical and spelling errors, each article produced in a timely manner
- Deliver high MS Word readability scroes
- Manage Freelancer engagements (i.e. co-ordinate with existing/acquire more freelancers)
- Have extensive connections and networks in the industry
- Oversee the publishing of research reports, articles, review, editorials and analysis
- Develop content streams for stock market, fixed income, economic and other businesses related news forms.
- Oversee all content creation and publication on all Nairametrics broadcast platforms
- Supervise and approve all copy editing, proof reading of final copies and overseeing processes leading to news article publications
- Create and enforce deadlines to articles, research and all other content submissions and publications
- Responsible for designing and implementing editorial polices (e.g. approach to breaking news, Headlines, Content Format, etc)
- Enforce policies, presentation style and tone for editorial articles
- Seek content partnerships with freelancers, independent reporters and journalists.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree qualification
- 3+ years working experience in research, research publication, financial media, journalism, advertising or related domains
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of writers
- Prolific writing experience (can be any industry not necessarly finance)
- Proficeincy with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel
- Ability to build influential relationships with editorial leaders.
- Ability to poach online/digital media business editors from competing platforms
- Ability to independently source interviews
- Subscribedfinance news platforms (domestic and international)
- Aware of ongoing developments in finance media.
Salary and Benefits
- N350,000 monthly (Negotiable).
- Occational remote working.
Deadline: 22nd November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.