Etazuma Mining and Industries Limited is a premium service provider for businesses in the primary and secondary economic sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The HSE Head is responsible for the design, development, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, safety and other relevant programs for the organization to ensure existing company processes, operation activities and special projects are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
Leadership and People Management:
- Provide strong leadership and ensure clear strategic objectives are in place for the department
- Support the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses
- Promote the organization’s core values and a strong team culture
- Manage the day to day performance, learning and development of the team, including one on one feedback sessions and conduct performance appraisals
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations as they apply to the organization’s operations.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
- Ensure that Contractor HSE activities comply with Company’s & Contractor HSE Policies & Plans, conform to the terms & conditions of the Contract and meet local statutory HSE regulations.
- Implement and monitor the HSE Management System, Plans and Safe Work Procedures.
- Develop, implement and maintain employee safety training programs as indicated by regulatory guidelines, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment, including authorized level training.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance and mentoring to managers and employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective and preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Ensure compliance with timely reporting as required by state and federal health safety regulations and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Maintain timely environmental and safety reporting to the management as at the agreed time.
- Provides laboratory safety support along with periodic Lab-pack cleanouts as required or necessary.
- Performs industrial hygiene activities including chemical monitoring, ozone monitoring, and any other monitoring programs as necessary.
- Ensures emergency response systems, policies and procedures are in place to manage emergency situations
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Interfaces effectively with peer organizations and peer departments – Maintenance, Security, Oil movement, Finance, HR/Adm etc.
- Continuous Improvement and quality– to achieve COMPANY’s goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical, Engineering or Pure Science area is required.
- 3 years of work experience.
- Other relevant certifications are desired.
Deadline: 7th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in only PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted people will be contacted.