TradeDepot delivers an innovative route-to-market for the leading consumer goods producers in Africa. The Shop Top-Up app by TradeDepot lets you re-stock your shop from various brands at the best wholesale prices. Browse, shop by brand or category, compare prices and check the status of your orders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Launch Project Engineer
- We are looking for a Launch Project Engineer to join the launch team and drive the scheduling, planning, budgeting, forecasting, resourcing, and managing technical activities to ensure project accuracy and quality.
- The Launch Project Engineer is a key contributor to helping TradeDepot expand into new branches/ locations across Nigeria and the rest of Africa. In order to be successful, the candidate will be entrepreneurial, discontent with the status-quo and obsessed with improving anything they touch.
- They should also be comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills and appropriately prioritizing those tasks’ completion.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned engineering projects.
- Formulating project parameters and assigning responsibilities to the most capable employees and monitoring the project team.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Developing specifications for the launch project’s needed equipment.
- Creating frameworks to measure the project’s metrics and data collection.
- Establishing field test methods and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Travel to and rollout new locations. You’ll be the main point of contact for new locations, you’ll be the owner behind planning and opening a new location.
- Help build and execute upon the launch playbook. You’ll ensure that you not only follow the playbook to launch successful locations, but you’ll also continue to improve through lessons learned.
- Own launch KPI’s. You’ll closely monitor a variety of launch KPIs, some of which include launch date timelines, hiring, and reporting.
- Assist in hiring and training location management teams. New employees will look to you for your expertise and knowledge to ensure they are set up for success.
- Work cross-functionally with different departments. You’ll leverage other departments expertise to drive standardization and an exceptional customer experience.
- 5+ years as a Project Engineer in a Contracting capacity.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Excellent project management and supervision skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Ability to work in high autonomy and ambiguous environments. You deliver high-octane results
- Availability to travel 70% of the time to Distribution Centers. You’ll be opening a new market every few months.
- Entrepreneurial DNA and the fear tolerance of a honey badger. You are constantly learning and identifying ways to innovate.
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an urgent execution attitude
- You have grit. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is needed to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills. You can communicate clearly and concise in both written and verbal.
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- You are a team player. You are constantly learning and helping team members to succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Exude passion for all aspects of our mission: environmental stewardship, safety, sustainability and of course, time is given back in life for what truly matters.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online