8thGear is a tech-driven talent acquisition and enterprise support, provider. We are a Nigerian company focused on Nigerian youth. Our obsession revolves around up-skilling – leading to jobs placements and enterprise development support for youths and their growing businesses. Beyond our profit motive is a social mission built into our business model. Giving young people a chance at meaningfully contributing to their community with dignity is a significant part of what we do.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Associate
Location: Ogba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a talented, passionate, driven and goal-oriented individual ‘deal closer’ who will take ownership of the Brand.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for brand governance, compliance of all online Client and its subsidiaries’ marketing channels.
- In addition, the individual will champion sales, identify ideal customers, establish a relationship with them that will translate to conversion / sales.
- Intensify Brand PR and perception with target audiences, identify key risks to the brand online
- Drive the promotion of group’s products and services during events, conferences, ATL and BTL
- channels with the support of customer service team.
- Identify lead generation opportunities and actively drive acquisition campaigns
- Ensure that the ERP system is constantly updated with all required information on new and existing customers.
- Spot and submit company or brand profile for bids
- Track ROI for marketing campaigns
- Network with industry experts and potential clients at events /conferences to drive brand awareness
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations/seminars to clients and prospects for business development purposes.
- Ensure all marketing and communications activity run to budget and align with the wider objectives
- Prepare and submit sales proposals / tenders to prospective customers. Where necessary, prepare and conduct sales presentations.
- Assist with product development, pricing and new product launches as well as developing new business opportunities
- Create and manage promotional collateral to establish and maintain product branding
- Managing the budget for advertising and promotional items with CEO
- Responsible for liaising with, and managing the marketing communications agencies and other PR/brand external entities
- Conclude with brands and onboard them into our distribution channel
Key Performance Indications
- Coverage and exposure activities and frequency/ extent of reach
- Key message penetration
- Defined share of voice and market share
- ROI of communication campaigns – Developed and executed
- Proactivity with regards external communications
- Volume of meaningful/ lead generating social engagement
- Competence in managing external partners, agencies, and other entities
- Volume of sales and revenue/share price
- Crisis communications proficiency and speed
- Use of initiative, level of innovativeness.
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND or above in Social Science or related fields
- 2-5 years experience in the field of Marketing and Business Development
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication and expression skills
- Prior Communications Agency experience.
N150,000 – N250,000 monthly.
Deadline: 28th December, 2021.