Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Logistics Coordinator
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Duration: 6 Months (Renewable)
Starting Date: ASAP
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education.
- COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe state and Borno state and expanding our programs to North West of Nigeria in Sokoto and Kaduna States.
Purpose of the Role
The Country Logistics Coordinator:
- Is responsible for the country’s logistics and security
- Ensures the coordination and management of all aspects related to the country’s logistics and particularly: purchase procedures, goods/services supply, the transport systems and the technical organization of the work of all COOPI’s field offices in the country, in accordance with what is defined by the procedures;
- Is responsible for the security aspects of the mission, under the supervision and in coordination with the Head of Mission and in close collaboration with the HQ.
- Coordinate the country logistics function, both at Country Coordination level and at field office level;
- Ensure that the logistics works correctly in qualitative and quantitative terms, at all different levels and in compliance with the procedures;
- Ensure the correct application of the procedures – COOPI and the donors’ – related to goods and services’ purchases (including planning and necessary documents);
- Follow the suppliers performance in compliance with COOPI’s standards;
- Ensure that the selection process for goods and services and the contracts assignment (calls for tenders) occur in a transparent and coherent way.
Vehicles and Machines Management:
- Ensure the machines/vehicles’ utilization planning, in collaboration with the supervised staff;
- Ensure that vehicles’ maintenance and repair are carried out and that all monitoring reports and regular checks are correctly performed;
- Ensure that, relatively to the use of vehicles and machines, the organization’s procedures and the country’s rules are followed.
Goods and Stock Management:
- Ensure that all goods are included in the inventory, and controlled when entering and exiting the storage space;
- Ensure the stock monitoring and the use of instruments for report writing;
- Monitor the correct goods’ use and conservation;
- Ensure that the correct maintenance of the immovable goods is performed and that the country is provided with rules for correctly making use of these goods;
- Ensure that all logistic-related reports are produced according to what is stated by the COOPI’s procedures and the Country Regulation (vehicles and goods’ management, supplies, purchases, storage space, staff reports etc.).
- Coordinate, supervise and evaluate the logistical staff work;
- Ensure the training of the country’s logistical staff.
- Represent the organization at all logistical clusters and at security coordination meetings, upon delegation by the Head of Mission.
- Is responsible for the application, the update and the dissemination of the country security regulation at central and field level;
- Is responsible for conducting security and risk assessment in COOPI areas of intervention, participating to security meeting at central level;
- Cooperate and support the Head of Mission about the expatriate and local staff security.
Education / Experiences:
- A Degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the humanitarian field as Logistics Coordinator or in a similar position;
- Proficiency in English;
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, distribution, stock management, fleet management, communications and security;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driving license.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
Deadline: 27th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
- Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965.
- For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.