Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
Malaria Consortium is sourcing for qualified consultants that will support the baseline entomological studies in selected sites in Ondo State to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entomology Assistant
Location: Ondo State – LGAs
Slots: 36 Openings
Duration: 13 days
Activity Timeline: December 2021 – January 2022
Purpose / Scope of the Assignment
- The purpose of this terms of reference (TOR) is to engage research personnel that will carry out a baseline entomological studies in selected sites in Ondo State.
- The survey will be used to gather baseline data on insecticide resistance and biting habits of Anopheles vectors in Ondo State. The baseline data will be used for assessing any future changes in insecticide resistance levels and indoor and outdoor biting habits of vectors following an ITN distribution campaign.
Roles of the Entomology Assistant
- Assists the entomology team leader and technician in all field activities.
- Collects mosquito larvae for insecticide resistance studies.
- Collects mosquitoes using CDC light traps indoors and outdoors.
- Will sleep under insecticide-treated nets indoors and outdoors during hourly collection of mosquitoes using CDC light traps.
- Ensures that hourly collections are kept in separate and properly labelled cups or pots.
- Ensures that all mosquito collection data are recorded accurately.
- Will be required to attend training prior to survey.
- Reports to the entomology technician or the team leader any issues and helps to solve problems.
Qualifications and Experience
- OND / HND / B.Sc holder in Health Science or related background.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Excellent proficiency in languages spoken in the study community, and proficiency in Yoruba and Ijaw languages.
- Must be from the local community or the selected local government area.
Deadline: Friday, 17th December, 2021 by 4PM
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested and qualified candidate who are passionate and willing to contribute towards the achievement of our goals should kindly apply.
- Kindly note that applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and therefore early applications are highly encouraged. Indigenes and residents of Ondo State are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.