Longbridge Technologies Limited – At Longbridge, by offering competent management and a distinctive approach, we strive to position businesses for sustainable growth. This is driven by our core objective which is focused on creating and sustaining growth for individuals and enterprises through innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Finance Officer, you are required to provide a strategic direction for the company in aligning finance requirements with the business goals.
- You are tasked with overseeing day-to-day accounting functions, integrating finance operations, forecasting and budgeting, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, and ensuring organizational financial stability.
- Oversee all company accounts, finance, and investments
- Leading the Organization in making the best use of financial resources as a strategic tool for improving business performance
- Provide financial strategic direction
- Advice on Investment decisions and entrench appropriate security systems and control measures required for protecting the group’s investments
- Advice on the acquisition of new businesses with fit analysis
- Decisions on the best way of raising funds
- Developing plans for financial growth.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the Executives with timely and accurate financial information
- Present reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
- Evaluating and managing risk.
- Formulating appropriate policies, standards, and controls in line with best practices.
- Responsible for defining training and development plans for the finance Staff in a dynamic technology-driven environment.
- Instituting continuous review and re-engineering of business processes within the different strategic support units.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent with 5 – 6years post qualification experience
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Possession of an MBA degree shall be an added advantage
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Auditing experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Presentation
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Knowledge of Financial Modelling
- Proven experience in finance management.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Auditing experience.
- Compliance oriented.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Analytical skills.
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes including risk and financial controls
- Assertive, clear, and professional verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative & conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively design and present information to senior management
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Agility and ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
Deadline: 15th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.