Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) / CRM Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (Possible travel to field locations within Borno State operational areas of NCA)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: 1 year with possible extension
- Based on project documentation, develop, and submit to the supervisor M&E Framework and Data collection plan.
- In cooperation with the program team, collect data relevant to monitoring and evaluation of project activities and results.
- Submit bi-monthly M&E reports to the Senior M&E Officer
- Participate on relevant needs assessments.
- Identify and train CRM focal points (men, women, boys, and girls) from the affected communities.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders (government and district officials) about the response.
- Organize regular community feedback sessions.
- Ensure and document distribution of airtime and incentives to CRM focal points.
- Provide coaching and feedback to CRM focal points about their work.
- Submit bi-monthly report on community-based CRM activities.
- Maintain database of feedbacks provided through CRM focal points and other CRM channels (phone, WhatsApp, community feedback sessions).
- Ensure appropriate feedback is provided to the affected communities.
- Share relevant information with program team and the Emergency Response Coordinator.
- Provide monthly reports on CRM.
- Ensure CRM activities are properly documented, and information stored.
- Ensure NCA’s representation and visibility in relevant field location coordination structures.
- Ensure NCA’s role as an active humanitarian actor.
- Undertake any other task related to the emergency response as necessary
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
- Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures.
- Actively promotes PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within NCA and amongst beneficiaries served by NCA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and any other related social sciences discipline.
- At least 3 years in a similar post with NGO
- Language skills: fluent verbal/written English and local language.
Experience & Technical Skills:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Successfully coordinates a team daily.
- Supports his/her supervisor to proactively seek solutions in a challenging context.
- Maintain high standards and quality of work.
- Work under pressure and with a tight deadline
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Adherance to NCA Principles
- Excellent stress managementAbility to manage conflict and reach and build consensus.
- Willingness to live and work in difficult and rapidly changing conditions.
- Constructive and pro-active communication with a wide variety of actors and stakeholders.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Deadline: 31st December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV in a single Microsoft Word document to “The Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Applications not following the given format will not be considered.
- Note that background checks will be conducted thorough the HR offices of your current and previous employers
- Your three PROFESSIONAL referees MUST be your current or previous line managers and MUST be official emails.
- Qualified Borno State indigenes are encouraged to apply.
- Position opens to both female and male candidates.
- Nigeria Nationals only.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.