Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician (Level 5)
Location: Shinkafi, Zamfara
Contract Period: Six Months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Supporting drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacy Manager of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute and guarantee proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assist in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assist on a monthly basis the preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between.
- Follow-up on drug ruptures.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assist in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
- Assist with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and ensure collection of data about number of patients.
- Support the Pharmacy Manager in all related monthly reports as well as providing medical data to relevant MSF team members
- Improve and follow up on monitoring systems in place.
- Support the managers in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used.
- Assist in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
- Provide programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- University Degree in Pharmacy, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry.
- Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- English and Hausa languages are mandatory; Other local languages are recommendable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel.
- As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Deadline: 31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF Encourage’s women and people with sisabilities to apply.
Leave a Reply