PalmPay is an Africa-focused fintech firm, launched in 2019. PalmPay is a mobile payments platform that offers a number of financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reconciliation & Settlement Specialist
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
Level: Mid Level
- We are seeking to hire a Reconciliation and Settlement Specialist who will be responsible for the reconciliation and settlement activities within the organization.
- The Ideal candidate must be able to oversee accurate and timely processing of settlement figures for all transactions and ensure that required due diligence is performed.
- Responsible for reconciliation with payment platform cooperative institutions, and timely handling of abnormal fund settlement issues;
- Timely deal with the pending orders for clearing and settlement business every day;
- Working with Customer Service Team and processing the funding related customer feedback and complaints related;
- Participate in the formulation of clearing business operation procedures and specifications, to improve the efficiency and optimize the work flow of clearing work.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports.
- Ensure the business is not exposed to any material risks emanating from reconciliation variances.
- Develop models that assist in the reconciliation process to speed up reconciliation and provide accuracy.
- Document processes, procedures, resolution guides etc. for the settlement team.
- Contribute to financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Manage internal and external controls for payment processes, escalate and resolve payment issues while working with Product and Business team.
- Perform daily and weekly revenue recognition and cost optimization exercises.
- Work with Compliance to design and maintain a process for reporting fraudulent activity to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop risk mitigation strategies for payment processing and merchant management.
- A Business-related Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) preferably in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University.
- At least 2 years working experience in cards/mobile payment finance, fully integrated in all aspects of settlement and daily reconciliation process
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills.
- Excellent financial analytical, organization and planning skills
- Working knowledge of financial spreadsheet applications such as Excel
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly self-directed, a strong individual contributor and a strong team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online