Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe-Oghara was established through a bill that was signed into law by Governor James Onanefe Ibori in November 2002. This is the result of a partnership between the Delta State Ministry of Education and Westminster University, London. The partnership gave birth to the Delta State Higher Education Project (DSHEP). Located in the agricultural town of Otefe in Ethiope West Local Government Area of Delta State.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Otefe-Oghara, Delta
- The Rector as Chief Academic and Executive Officer of the Polytechnic is responsible for the day to day administration of the Polytechnic.
- He / She is expected to provide academic and professional leadership in the execution of policy guidelines laid down by Council;
- Enforce discipline as well as cater for the welfare and interest of the Staff and Students and also perform such other functions as may be conferred upon him/her by the law establishing the Polytechnic.
- He/She is also the Chairman of Academic Board and Congregation.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Rector should be a person of academic eminence not below the rank of Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic or Senior Lecturer in a University with not less than 5 years as a Chief Lecturer or 5 years as a Senior Lecturer.
- He / She should possess a Doctorate Degree in any of the disciplines / area of programmes offered in the Polytechnic with at least Fifteen (15) years professional and administrative experience.
- Have served as Chief Lecturer in the Polytechnic or Senior Lecturer in the University or equivalent Institutions for at least Five (5) years.
In addition, the candidate must:
- Demonstrate ability to offer academic and administrative leadership as well as the ability to effectively discharge the duties and responsibilities of the office of the Rector.
- Be able to attract research grant and such other grant for the development of the Institution.
- Be a person who is fair-minded and dynamic individual with impeccable character.
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a government hospital);
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Be a person with initiative and vision for sustaining / increasing the accelerated development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other constraints.
- Possess membership of reputable professional body / bodies relevant to his / her discipline.
- The prospective candidates should not be above sixty (60) years at the time of application / appointment.
Terms of Appointment & Conditions of Service
- The Rector shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only.
- The salary attached to the post and the Conditions of Service shall be specified in the instrument of appointment
- The Appointment and Conditions of Service shall be guided by the Law establishing the Polytechnic and Terms of Conditions of Service for Staff.
Deadline: 25th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Twenty-five (25) copies of their Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing a type-written Application Letter with photocopies of their credentials presented in the following order:
- Full name of applicant with surname in capital letters
- Position sought
- Date and place of birth
- Local Government of Origin
- State of Origin
- Marital Status, stating number of children
- Personal home Address
- Current postal / contact address
- E-mail address and GSM number(s)
- Present employment, status and salary
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- List of publications
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Proposed date of assumption of duty if appointed
- Names and Address of three (3) referees.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelopes marked “Post of Rector” addressed to:
Delta State Polytechnic,
P.M.B 03, Otefe-Oghara,
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- Candidates should be prepared to support every claim with original documents.
- Candidates are also required to request their referees to forward confidential reports on their behalf directly to the “Registrar, Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe-Oghara”.
Leave a Reply