Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Team Lead – Reconciliation and Settlement
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a Team Lead, Reconciliation and Settlement to join our Finance team.
- The purpose of this role is for Kuda to achieve complete, timely and accurate accounting and reporting of all bank and customer transactions are made in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
- The officer will work to ensure that Internal controls around reconciliation are adequate, effective and functioning properly.
- This role is to ensure that all bank reconciliations are properly and effectively prepared, coordinated and supervised.
- Resolving any service issues, processing customer complaints, by taking ownership and implementing new ways to make things better– always looking for ways to surprise & delight!
- Managing the Risk Control Self-Assessment for the team and be involved in monthly testing
- Identifying areas or processes for improvement, creating change requests, implementing improvements all to improve our customer’s experience
- Escalating significant funding discrepancies or missing settlement payments to the team for investigation and resolution
- Resolving exception items resulting from processing or rejected by the Settlement System
- Ensuring that suspense items do not exceed the established timeline designated for each type of exception
- Responding to general inquiries directed to Settlement from support or service areas
- Assist in training, staff development, performance reviews and disciplinary actions
- Work with operations to ensure that the business works follows operational and reconciliation processes
- Conduct and report the assignment, management, and resolution of breaks for all reconciliations implemented including ageing metrics and pattern identification
- Lead the analysis of the existing reconciliation processes in order to assess the strength of the controls and identify areas for improvement
- Perform other relevant responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related fields.
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting body e. g. ACA,ACCA e.t.c
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of reconciliation process and must have led reconciliation teams.
- Excellent writing skills, and ability to explain technical accounting issues to subordinates and colleagues.
- Demonstrate competences for accuracy, attention to detail, integrity and update knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
Why join Kuda?
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online