World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Zonal Administration Officer – NOA
Reference No: 2107027
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
- Under the overall supervision of the WR and direct supervision of the Operations Officer in close consultation with the Zonal and State Coordinators, the Administrative and Finance Officer ensures timely support to field operations especially payments and regular monthly reports in conformity with financial rules and regulations.
- The incumbent liaises with various administrative services and technical units in the Country, Zonal and State offices to support programme delivery;
- Provide operational support in the areas of Budget/planning, transport planning, assets management, office maintenance as well as the day to day running of the primary State of assignment and coordinate other States within the zone.
- Management of the State Office Imprest as well as backstopping for other states within the zone in the raising and reviewing payment vouchers, signing cheques, issuing payment instructions and generating timely and complete reports in accordance with financial rules and regulations
- Facilitate other field based payments in support of Supplemental Immunisation and other activities and rendering accurate and timely reports
- Develop support staff by improving their technical and substantive financial skills and creating work processes that maximize their contribution and eliminate wasteful or outdated practices
- Provides guidance and advice to staff in the Zone as well as briefs to all staff members including STPs/STCs, temporary advisers, and participants to various meetings on financial matters and entitlements when and as needed
Achievements Activities Include:
- Manage the field imprest accounts, verify financial records, prepare monthly accounting reports and gather information for annual and biennal accounts closure, and train and coach support staff.
Functional Skills and Knowledge (Describe skills and knowledge specific to the post):
- Sound knowledge of office management and administration, administrative skills, basic accounting.
- Specialized knowledge of WHO administrative and financial rules, procedures and practices.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing an asset
- Essential: University degree in Accounting, Management Sciences, Business Administration or Finance. For WHO staff only, equivalent professional training or self-study/work experience.
- Desirable: A postgraduate degree in business administration or professional training
- Essential: At least 5 years of proven experience in the area of administration, finance and accounting.
- Desirable: Experience in WHO, UN or other international organizations.
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Communicating in a credible and effective way.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Computer literacy: Word processing, Spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Ability to work with computerized accounting and budget systems.
Deadline: 22nd December, 2021 (10:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.