JDPC Enugu DIOCESE, a non-profit-oriented Social, Justice, and Development of the Diocese is currently engaged in the Enugu State 4GATES OVC Project to improve the health and well-being of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their families in Enugu East LGA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education and Psychosocial Support Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and ensure the implementation of Education and Psychosocial support activities for community-based OVCs support in the 4GATES project component of JDPC ENUGU’s Treatment, Prevention, and Support for OVC Project.
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial support Officer are under the supervision of the Program Manager, in collaboration with other thematic areas officers organize a range of duties related to education and child protection.
- The Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will provide technical leadership in education and protection OVC services.
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will have some combination of technical expertise and experience in OVC service areas that include; child protection, psychosocial support, education, child rights, and advocacy.
- The OVC Education and Psychosocial Support Officer will guide the project technically in terms of OVC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of community volunteers and caregivers on child protection and education.
- To develop a detailed annual work plan for OVC Care and support in child protection and education and participate in project evaluations and assessments.
- To identify and support needy OVC with primary and secondary school fees.
- To plan for and oversee debriefing training for adolescent youths.
- To plan for and undertake follow-up training for community volunteers.
- To facilitate the formation and training of Community OVC coalitions and task forces
- To prepare and submit timely monthly, reports and share with partners as appropriate.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of First Degree or HND in Social Sciences or a Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or another relevant field
- 2-3 years experience.
- Having an understanding of the child rights sector, OVC frameworks in Nigeria and OVC programming guidelines including National Service Standards is essential.
- Experience working with children
- Experienced in child rights
- Knowledge of OVC programming is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills and innovative
- Fluency in English and Igbo is essential.
- Must reside in Enugu state.
Deadline: 30th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Note: For more information, Call the Program Manager on 08037514715.