Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Engineer, HEMM Maintenance
Reference ID: Mines-Obajana-008
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for ensuring that the heavy types of equipment is in safe operating condition by conducting routine maintenance and scheduling needed repairs.
- Accountable for Planning & execution of day to day maintenance activities of heavy mobile mining types of machinery like excavators, loaders, dozers, rock breakers, dumpers, etc. of different make (CAT, Komatsu, Doosan, Liebherr, Terex, and other models)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the maintenance of all plant heavy equipment to ensure identification and elimination of equipment breakdowns.
- Perform routine check on raising equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Test repaired raising equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on raising equipment.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Section Head, HEMM Maintenance from time to time.
- To ensure sustained availability of equipment for mines operation with minimum operating costs.
- To ensure proper housekeeping at all times i.e. before and after any maintenance works.
- Liaise with OEM service engineers/representatives as in equipment commissioning, warranty, product support and technical manpower development
- Perform all performance appraisal of staff/intending staff for proper upgrading/selection.
- It is the responsibility of the dumper sectional to ensure safety of men working with him in accordance with the company’s safety practices/guidelines and also the safety of equipment working under his control. Any near misses/accidents is to be immediately reported to the superiors for timely actions to be taken.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 8 -12 years of experience in HEMM maintenance and spare part planning.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance of plant heavy equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online