Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Human Resources
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: Human Resources Manager
Technical Supervisor: HR Head of Department
Proposed Start Date: February 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of HR Officer who will support the HR Department in implementing its core strategy and objectives.
- In collaboration with the mission HR team, ensure that each step of the recruitment process is followed at base level, according to the mission recruitment process;
- Application management
- Technical test and interview
- Create a recruitment file for all positions, and ensure that all documents are collected and filed completely and accurately in the base, and copies sent to Abuja in order to move forward with employment offer to the selected candidate;
- Maintain a recruitment-tracking database, recording the status of all positions recruited at base level, and submit it to the HR Resourcing Officer on a weekly basis;
- Maintain all base personnel files, ensuring that all documents are collected and filed completely and accurately in the base and original copies sent to Abuja;
- Create and maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc;
- Collect and submit the necessary documents for employee insurance enrollment and updating and ensure that staff have up-to-date insurance cards;
- Ensure that all timesheets and pay slips are received, completed and sent to coordination office on a monthly basis;
- Ensure that all staff receive proper induction and briefing with HR and the relevant departments;
- Follow up with managers to ensure that staff performance appraisals are received on time;
- Support in the implementation and application of the HR policy in the base and provide advice and support to employees and managers;
- Liaise with the Payroll Specialist in processing monthly payroll for the base including provide all information and documentation needed to ensure the timely processing of the monthly payroll.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management preferred; post-secondary diploma plus relevant experience also acceptable;
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions will be preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of all aspects of HR which includes but not limited to recruitment and selection, administrative management, learning and development, compensation and benefits, knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Able to maintain confidentiality including high level of integrity.
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- NGN281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Deadline: 17th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.