Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Management Information System Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Employment Type: Temporary
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Experience Level: Entry Level
Direct Line Manager: Management Information System Manager
Proposed Start Date and End Date: February – May 2022
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Management Information System Assistant (Maternity Cover) will be primarily responsible for support in online platforms and preparation of GIS based maps to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by AAH in Northern Nigeria.
- Collect information and study trends for the preparation of maps and its documentation;
- Work closely with other technical staff in order to agree on the scope of regular mapping, define data needs, project requirements, required outputs, and participate in undertaking mapping;
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, and existing maps;
- Support conception, editing and updating of information management systems;
- Uploading and management of surveys form on MIS platforms;
- Support IS Manager in storage and security of beneficiaries data;
- Manage response and prioritization of requests for map products and services;
- Collection, integration of external cartographic data as required for analysis or reporting needs;
- Map production for WASH, FSL and Nutrition interventions;
- Maintain, organize and archive data and maps, and retrieve when required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, or Computer Science, or related discipline preferred;
- A Minimum of 1 year MIS related work experience;
- Experience in GIS and mapping;
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English;
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values and principles;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with GIS and arch view and remote sensing;
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Previous experience with Action against Hunger;
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding;
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH;
- Experience with cartography, infographics and other GIS platforms;
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies.
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- NGN183,056 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Deadline: 12th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.
Leave a Reply