Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The Spanish Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor – Outreach Activities
Locations: Shinkafi and Zurmi LGA’s – Zamfara
Contract Period: Six Months
Contract: 208 working hours per month
Start Date: 5th January 2022
Possibility of extension: Yes
- Plan, organize, and evaluate all activities concerning nursing and the associated teams according to MSF values, policies, protocols and universal health standards in order to improve the quality and continuity of health care in the mission.
- Perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed
- Implement and supervise all the protocols and hygiene procedures to ensure optimum quality of care and service in his/her domain of intervention.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate staff performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management
- Ensure that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained.
- Ensure that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, referral notes, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, punto info, food for patients, line lists etc. Provide feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- Implement correct nursing and infection prevention and control (IPC) protocols in order to boost efficiency, quality, and continuity of prescribed care.
- Actively participate in detecting gaps for capacity building of staff
- Ensure patient’s data are treated with safety and confidentiality.
- Responsible for primary data source management and use of the data tools during emergency responses.
- Essential – Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing. Training in Public Health will be an asset
- Essential two (2) years working experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- English and Hausa are mandatory; Other languages are desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet);
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Deadline: 19th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
Note: MSF Encourages Women and People with Disabilities to Apply
Leave a Reply