United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Middleware Management
- Our ideal candidate must have experience troubleshooting, monitoring, administration of Middleware Applications such as IBM, ESB ACE etc and ensure 100% uptime.
- Must have the ability to resolve and manage projects on the Middleware and related applications and closely monitor transactions performed on major applications hosted on the middleware platforms.
- Provide technical support for middleware applications such as IBM ESB, IBM ACE etc. (Installation, configuration, testing, supporting Issue resolution activities related to the design and functionality of ESB.)
Roles & Responsibilities
Daily Technical Support functions:
- Check and treat all logs/email escalations within the SLA i.e issue resolution, enquiries, complaints and re-routing to responsible units where applicable
- Backup of logs periodically (daily weekly etc.), clean up space on the servers, etc.
- Update platform checklist that contains all specific to be carried out on each platform on said dates.
- Ensure the platforms are up and functional always.
- Ensure all user platforms are optimised and functioning optimally
- Escalate all issues to the team lead in a timely and explicit manner.
Product and Project Management:
- Track project management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and project remains on track.
- Ensure timely development and deployment of innovative solutions for the unit.
- Ensure that vendor related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines.
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various units.
Income and Revenue Tracking:
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all applications deployed on the middleware applications.
- Weekly review and reporting of projects, issues and collection mandates.
- Group digital banking monthly performance report.
- Group digital banking monthly channel adoption report.
- Review daily transaction status reports to identify reasons for failures and ways to avoid them.
- Provide Ad hoc reports when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in any related technology field in the banking sector.
- Hands-on experience working in an applications production support/application development environment.
- Project coordination skills, including organizing, prioritizing and tracking all phases of a project.
- Trend monitoring for transactions performed on major applications hosted on the middleware platform.
- Strong UNIX/Linux operating system administration.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adapt during pressured situations.
- Must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions. to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation.
- Firm grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Customer experience and issue resolution.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Interpersonal relationship management.
- Proactive and able to work smart on own initiative.
Deadline: 21st January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online