Bellforte Consulting – Our client is a leading Asset Finance company which has developed adequate solutions and products to bridge the gaps in asset finance in Nigeria and have also identified and currently serve a niche market that caters to an important and strategic sub-sector of the Nigerian Economic Space.
They have developed very robust strategic relationships with major franchise holders in the retail space and are firmly positioned to capture a sizeable market share in the consumer market.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
The Business Development Manager will:
- Lead sales and client-relationship management, track new markets and emerging trends
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships, writes proposals and plans, and guide long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements.
- As a business development manager, you’ll be concerned with improving and growing the business by fostering and developing relationships with customers, and other partners.
- The right candidate will work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
- Development of a robust and effective business development and sales strategy.
- Identify and cultivate asset financing opportunities within the corporate and retail sectors.
- Establish / originate, evaluate / develop, qualify and maintain asset financing and opportunities
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Researching organisations to find new customers and identify who makes the decisions
- ‘Cold calling’ to arrange meetings at customers’ premises
- Finding out what an organisation needs and working with a team to plan proposals and pricing
- Selling products and services to new and existing customers
- Negotiating with customers and building positive relationships
- Attending events and conferences
- Writing reports and making presentations to customers and senior management
- Forecasting sales targets and making sure they’re met
- Delivering training to business developers and team members
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Draw up client contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- Create a sales pipeline.
Key Perfomance Indicators
- Ensure a Balanced Scorecard perspective of metrics and ratios of financial, customer, internal process
- Adhere to organizational procedures and policies
- Develop and apply full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies
- Ensure efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
- Ensure the creation, development and maintenance of a comprehensive database of external contacts and clients.
- Knowledge of current market conditions; competitor and market analyses, monitoring and reporting.
- Coordinate customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each transaction that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to:
- Counselling and pre-qualifying potential application
- Taking complete and accurate application
- Obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and equity contributions and lock-in information;
- Overseeing the process by monitoring approval status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicate approval status to parties.
- Maintaining a blotter or schedule of all disbursements, pendings, maturities and defaults.
- Maintain a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Submit a weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly and periodic summary of achievements, closures, meetings/presentations to the management.
- Bachelor’s of Science in any Social Science Degree
- A Master’s will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry
- Minimum of 10 years working experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- The ability to sell products and services
- Knowledge of English language
- The ability to use your initiative
- Leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Business management skills
- Ambition and a desire to succeed
- To be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Excellent telephone manners for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- Initiative and good decision-making skills
- Project management skills
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Great organisational skills
- Good networking skills
- The ability to think strategically
- The ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- Initiative and the confidence to start things from scratch.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online