The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Business Support Assistant, G5 – Security Unit
Requisition ID: 156801
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- This job is based in Maiduguri Area office, Borno State, Nigeria. The incumbent reports directly to the Head of Security Unit in Maiduguri.
- At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completing a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues.
- Perform a variety of administrative and technical support for the Security Unit including:
Key Accountabilities (Not All-inclusive)
- Provide administrative support for the Security Unit in Maiduguri.
- Perform secretarial functions such as drafting of reports, minutes of meetings, digital archiving on share points/teams, etc.
- Observe the validity of security assessment documents such as SRMs, RSMs, FSSS, SOPs and inform the head of unit/OiC with the forthcoming expiry dates to take necessary actions.
- Assist in observing the validity of emergency food, water, drugs, or any equipment used in contingency planning and inform the head of unit/OiC of the forthcoming expiry date for actions.
- Follow up/coordination with Maiduguri staff in completing/updating security-related data, such as staff contacts, residences, legal dependence, security training, warden lists, etc
- Maintain the Security Unit attendance sheet and staff leave records. Share monthly attendance sheet and leave documents with AO timekeeper monthly for proper records
- Coordination with HR, IT, and Admin units in Maiduguri Area Office concerning handing and taking over access cards to WFP facilities.
- Support in completing the cash advance request and any other financial documents.
- Support the procurement process, whether through Micro Purchasing Orders MPOs or General Tender in coordination with CO the security unit procurement focal points.
- In coordination with relevant services, ensure training/workshop facilities, including catering facilities, provision, installation of necessary equipment, etc.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: First University Degree in Admin-related subjects (Business Administration / Politics / Safety and Security / Rule of Law / Finance, etc.) with qualifying relevant experience and/or training / courses is accepted in lieu of the First University Degree.
- Experience: Three (3) or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language with excellent writings skill. Knowledge of Hausa local language is desirable.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the Role:
- Three (3) or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Has supported Administrative and operational activities that maintain security operations functions and feed into overall strategic aims.
- Has collated data, assisted in organizing Training, Conferences, workshops, and drafting reports that inform security Administrative and operations activities. Must be computer literate.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Experience working with word processing, spreadsheets, and relevant software packages, as well as in providing administrative support is desirable.
- Good communication skills are required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Terms and Conditions
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
Deadline: 14th February, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited.
- Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
- All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.