Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We invite applications for:
Title: Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Academy – Data Analytics & AI Programme 2022
Location: Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Lagos
Employment Type: Internship
Programme Duration: Twelve (12) months
Venue: Civic Towers
- The purpose of Deloitte Academy’s Data Analytics and AI programme is to develop the analytical capabilities required to tackle complex business problems and enable data-driven decision-making to address growing analytical trends, harness emerging opportunities in Cyber Security/ Information Technology space.
- Applicants must show a keen interest in working with large and complex data, finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Ability to think outside the box and quickly learn new ideas independently
- Carry out research on complex issues thoroughly and completely to provide innovative ways to approach and resolve an issue. Demonstrates independent work and follow through on research steps through results and findings stage including appropriate documentation.
- Identify, rank and prioritize risks and exposures and develop a strategy for mitigation or remediation.
- Review engagement documentation for compliance with Deloitte’s standards and ensures deficiencies are corrected.
- Organize and coordinate solutions proposed by team in a formal document for presentation to clients
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to convey complex solution to a non-technical audience
- Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Show knowledge of various Databases and ETL tools
- Knowledge of data quality review, data management
- Be able to assess their own and peers’ work and identify any errors (e.g. code-review)
- Be able to translate business requirements to data-driven solutions
- Actively exploit identified system vulnerabilities along with appropriate documentation.
- Knowledge of some regulatory, technical and industry standards, frameworks and practices (e.g. GDPR, NDPR)
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc., B.A., etc.) in Computer Science or Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of second class upper / upper credit
- Knowledge of Information Technology (Operating systems, or networks or application development)
- Knowledge in any of the following areas will be an added advantage: Databases including SQL and Oracle, Data Warehousing and ETL, Data Cleansing, Data Visualization, Knowledge and experience working with various Cloud solutions, Web Design, Programming languages such as Python, R, .Net, C# and Project Management.
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Proficient in the use of MS-office tools i.e. Excel, Word and Power-point
- Having a Data Analytics or Data Science related certification would be an added advantage.
What do you stand to gain at the Academy?
- Internship placement for candidates with exceptional performance; and
- Opportunity to be placed in the Deloitte pool of Data Analytics professionals for Data Analytics projects;
- Acquire high demand technical skills and become readily employable.
- Opportunity to participate in Deloitte graduate recruitment after the program if all eligibility criteria are met
- Stipends that cover basic expenses during the program.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This is not an employment scheme, but a skill development programme that will equip and empower prospective young graduates with invaluable knowledge in Information Technology / Cybersecurity to solve contemporary and future challenges