Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. We venture into this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Drilling Engineer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- This role will support and direct drilling engineering functions to support drilling operations; andlead major drilling engineering projects that require original or unusual analysis and solutions. Thisrole will also
- Provide sound drilling engineering methods and procedures to be used on drillingoperations.
- Execute and accomplish assignments and studies in areas outlined in the scope, assuringconformance to overall objectives of all phases of drilling operations in areas includingdrilling penetration rate optimization, new drilling technology, and drilling studies.
- Deliver technical support for many types of drilling wells including complex multi-lateraland extended reach (ERD) horizontal oil and gas wells, offshore and deep water. Wellsinclude water injections and producing wells, exploration wells and all kind of workovers.
- Analyze advanced drilling data and the performance of new or existing drilling techniques todetermine a need for or benefit from studies, recommendations, and/or modifications withrespect to unit costs, and operating efficiency consistent with established operations.
- Assume ownership of relevant General Instructions and standards and, when applicable,recommend improvements to operational processes and guidelines.
- Prepare standard development practices and procedures to ensure maximum drillingefficiency consistent with safety, economics, reservoir, and aquifer considerations
Required Qualification / Experience
- BSc. Degree in Engineering, preferably in Petroleum, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience as a drilling engineer or foreman in the conventional oilindustry. At least 10 years of this should be with a major international organization.
- A minimum of 5 years working as an operations drilling engineer with at least 1-yearcumulative time working on a rig as a Drilling Engineer or Drilling Supervisor/Foreman orequivalent.
- Experienced in developing cost analysis and preparing detailed workover evaluations andprograms.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Highly analytical and strong attention to detail.
- Strong managerial, delegation and negotiation skills
- Strong IT knowledge: Word and Excel skills
- A critical thinker and good problem-solving ability.
- Strong time management skills
- Report-writing abilities
- Committed to accuracy and completeness.
Deadline: 25th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.