Learning Through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) is a non-for – profit, non-governmental and charity organization was established in June 2015. With the mission to offer literacy and social awareness, self-reliance and self-supported Community, community health and wealth liberation, Leadership development, Relief and Rehabilitation, Empowering women and encouraging gender equality. With the vision to create a new world where there is no caste, creed, race, patriarchy, Religion discrimination but only humanitarian ship and equality between genders. The Organization particularly targets vulnerable adolescent girls and boys, adult men and women, children and Geriatrics in other words the most vulnerable members of the society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource / Compliance Officer
Job Code: LTS/UNI/BOR/22/HR.
- Maintain a database of budgeted positions viz-a-viz current status, number of vacant positions, and work towards providing suitable manpower for vacant positions.
- Get directions from the AM – HR and Admin about the new positions, contribute actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implement them.
- Completely responsible for recruiting the positions of Block Officers, Field Coordinators, Data Entry Operators, Office Assistant, Guest House Assistant, Tele Callers, and Help Desk Executives.
- Generate offer letters; contract letters for the selected candidates issue them.
- Collect documents from employees as per standard checklist
- Maintain the personal files of the positions mentioned above at the district level and update them regularly.
Onboarding and Induction:
- Responsible for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new employees of the designations.
- Ensure that the induction plan is signed off and filed in the personal file of all employees.
Attendance and Leave management:
- Track the attendance of all staff day-wise in provided excel format (or) in the Spine Software as per organization requirement and communication.
- Track leave database, eligibility, availed and closing balances of leaves for the district in excel format (or) Spine Software
- Provide this information on a monthly basis to the Manager for payroll input.
Salary Processing / Payroll
- Provide payroll inputs such as attendance summary, leave summary, other deductions to payroll employee-wise in the specified format for processing payroll.
- Review and updating of data in software on a regular basis
- Maintain the complete database of all employees in payroll in specified excel sheet / Spine Software and update them regularly with any changes
- Maintain and update the organograms for the district along with the master data of employees
- Track Probation reviews with timelines and ensures outcomes are communicated formally through letters.
- Communicate the process of annual / midyear appraisals, receive, verify the forms and share the consolidated outcome in specified formats.
- Ensure that contract renewals are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure resignation letters are received for employees who intend to leave.
- Conduct exit interviews in specified formats and share with Manager HR and admin on a monthly basis.
- Follow up on the clearance certificate and ensure the final settlement is done within the standard agreed timeline.
- Maintain the HR files such as employee personal files, recruitment files, PF related documents at the district level
- Coordinate and manage a wide range of employee engagement activities on a regular basis
- Collaborate with Manger on programs/activities that will maximize employee engagement and satisfaction
- Organize and facilitate the monthly – quarterly – half-yearly – yearly staffing reviews
- Support the various functions during the onboarding of new joiners to ensure the orientation process is properly completed.
Preferred Education Background
- Bachelors or Masters in Human Resources, or Social Sciences,
Preferred Work Experience:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in HR/compliance for GBV, Admin
- A career in a non-profit organization will be an asset
Deadline: 18th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, one Previous project report, and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position Code as the subject of the mail.
- The Application should be Addressed to the Human resources Manager and include the position code and position on the subject of your mail.
- Standards of Professional Conduct: LETSAI and LETSAI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the LETSAI Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, LETSAI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- Gender Equality: LETSAI is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
- Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Nigerian NGO Sector.
- LETSAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Please take note that the Learning through Skills Acquisition Initiative (LETSAI) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.