EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Requisition Number: VN175
- The HR Officer will deliver a client-focused working partnership to ensure the appropriate HR management support in the Country Office and other field–based staff with staff responsibilities.
- Working collaboratively with the HQ HR team and the Country operations staff, the HR will have responsibility for all aspects of human resources for Nigeria. They will support in the effective implementation of HR policies and practices in line with EngenderHealth standards including recruitment process, employee on-boarding, maintaining competitive compensation structures, administering local benefits programs in compliance with country requirements, and updating the Human Resources Policy and Procedures manual, staff development, and separations.
- The incumbent will ensure the Country Program/Projects complies with HR administrative and reporting requirements.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for working with the country program management and staff on employee relations and performance management issues and leading other HR initiatives as well as HR reporting and analysis.
Recruitment and Talent Management:
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for regular, temporary staff and interns as applicable for assigned positions and when needed
- Schedule, organize and manage the recruitment and selection process, i.e. obtain approvals, post adverts, source, screen candidates, schedule interviews, and maintain a pool of potential candidates
- Support in the hiring and management of project staff and ensure all contractual agreements with consultants are in line with the local laws and EngenderHealth practices
- Work closely with hiring managers to finalize requisitions, develop recruitment strategies to identify and present the hiring managers with a short-list of candidates for interviews
- Research, attract, screen, and refer top talent by utilizing innovative selection tools with a view to building the screened pipeline of candidates in EngenderHealth’s key areas
- Support in creation of job descriptions, role profiles based on the position and organization requirements
- Negotiate salaries with recommended candidates
- Conducts reference and background checks for recommended candidates
- Partner with internal clients to assist in the selection of recruitment and staffing firms and other vendors as needed.
Onboarding and Offboarding:
- Coordinate the new employee orientation schedules in partnership with other departments and conducts the HR presentation for new hires
- Manage off-boarding process including conducting exit interviews for departing staff members and facilitating the full and final payment to outgoing staff
Employee Relations/ Performance Review:
- Provide guidance to staff with PEP and PIP process
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to the project managers and staff on performance and employee relations issues
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solutions; coaching and counseling managers and employees
- Provide training and assistance with staff performance evaluations
Human Resources Policy Administration & Compliance:
- Implement, maintain and update human resources policies and procedures in line with EngenderHealth office policies, donor requirements, and local labor laws
- Manage and ensure HR records and files are updated in a timely accurate manner safeguarding confidential information and compliant with local labor laws. These should include contracts, probation period completion, files/records on health /life insurance, pension scheme, work permits, statutory issues and regulations, holidays, etc. Monitor, update staff information in ABRA
- Provide guidance to project staff on disciplinary, grievances, harassment, and discrimination issues and manage investigations in conjunction with Country Representative
Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Conduct salary and benefits review – gather and analyze market data i.e. benefits pack and salary levels
- Administer staff vacation, sick leave, absences levels, maternity leave, and flexible working requests among others manually and through the Dovico software system
- Manage all medical insurance health and life insurance policies including staff medical/health issues timely health and life insurance premium payments authorizations
- Ensure the efficient administration of staff medical coverage with the insurer for new employees and for the removal of terminated employees
- Liaise with legal counsel on various HR legal issues
- Review and provide assistance in the revision of country office travel policies in line with local practice, donor requirements, and EngenderHealth policies
- Comply with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Answer all staff questions/ work as subject matter expert in regards to HR policies and procedures.
- Updates job knowledge by reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks
- Provide HR-related support during program expansion and scale down
- Other comparable duties may be assigned to this position from time to time, in general support of EngenderHealth activities.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Human Resources Management or a related field preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant HR experience including recruitment, compensation, employee relations, HR administration, performance management, and staff development, preferably in an international NGO
- Project management skills – able to plan effectively, manage multiple priorities, and have great attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills particularly windows, Microsoft office applications required. Experience using an HR Information system desired
- Willingness to travel to field offices.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation
- Creative, responsible, and responsive strategist
- Excellent communications skills, including oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong personnel management and supervisory skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Functions:
- Ability to deliver training and development programs when requested
- Proven experience and ability to effectively manage a varied workload, working tight deadlines and schedules
- Deliver results through effective planning and organizing of work demonstrated by an ability to prioritize on time and workload even when under pressure
- A good team member and ability to conduct some training.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
$20,000 – $35,000 USD annually.
Deadline: 16th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online