Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NTDs Program Officer
Locations: Adamawa, Borno and Katsina
Reports to: State Team Lead
- Under the supervision of the State Team Lead, the NTDs Program Officer assists with the formulation, execution, monitoring and evaluation of NTDs program in the State.
- He/she ensures consistency with the project set priorities and outcomes in the state.
- In collaboration with the state Team Lead/NHP, facilitate the creation and implementation of a detailed annual work-plan, which identifies sequences of activities needed to successfully implement the project in the most cost-effective manner and ensure project objectives are met in line with national policies, Helen Keller’s goals and those of the donor.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, facilitate the development and roll out of detailed implementation plans (DIP) to scale up Mass drug Administration (MDA) in endemic LGAs with the view to eliminate and control NTDs
- Review the project schedule with Helen Keller State Team Lead/HNP and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise and regularly review the schedule as required.
- In collaboration with the other stakeholders, ensure Helen Keller program partners execute the project according to their respective project plans;
- Document project activities and ensure that all project data is appropriately secured;
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully implemented.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project;
- In collaboration with the Helen Keller finance officer and other project staff, ensure project funds are utilized and retired according to established accounting policies and procedures
Program Monitoring & Evaluation:
- In collaboration with M&E officer, assist with the implementation and development of Monitoring and Evaluation tools according to Helen Keller, FMOH and donor standards;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by FMOH, Helen Keller and donor.
- Internally and when requested, support external evaluations on the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase of the project and as required.
- Disseminate findings from assessment/evaluations to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development;
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Build and maintain working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility;
- Represent Helen Keller towards local partners and at other appropriate fora;
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful implementation of the projects based on:
- Effective tracking and reporting of program indicators
- Implementation of annual work plans in collaboration with other project staff and government stakeholders
Required minimum Education / Experience / Skills
- Graduate Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Management or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Postgraduate Degree in related field preferred
- Computer skills: Windows applications for word processing and spreadsheet software
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to the job requirements
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially
- At least 3 years’ working experience in managing a community eye health or neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) program.
- Willingness to travel within the state and other parts of the country as needed
- Basic technical knowledge of PCT/IDM NTDs and Trachoma SAFE Strategy is preferable;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Terms & Conditions
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- There is no relocation allowance for the roles
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above
Application Deadline 12th February, 2022.