Transsnet Music (Boomplay) is a leading music company with a network across Africa. It has the best music streaming application in Africa and is one of the best globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Location: Opebi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To nurture a strong media industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
- Responsible for improving the public image of the company, directing publicity programs and campaigns and clarifying the company’s point of view on important issues.
- Creation and execution of public relations strategy
- Fielding media questions and pitching stories to the media
- Preparing media kits and organizing press conferences.
- Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives
- Design and review the online content in media announcements and media kits
- Monitor corporate image frequently and ensure it is in compliance with company brand
- Develop and implement PR policies and procedures
- Develop and implement crisis communications advice and media strategy as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, English, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years working experience in music or any other entertainment.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter
- Must have great knowledge of the music industry and the music business
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
- Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
- Possess the ability to keep the information confidential
- Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Must be aware of different media channels and agendas.
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns.
- N300,000 – N400,000 monthly (Negotiable).
Deadline: 1st March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.