Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technician – Audio Visual
Job Number: 22025395
Job Category: Event Management
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- Set-up, operate, and troubleshoot all AV/projection/lighting/conferencing equipment, devices, and systems.
- Oversee the set-up of AV equipment in banquet and meeting rooms.
- Ensure all AV equipment is fully operational, repair or clean equipment when necessary.
- Label any broken equipment and communicate problems to manager/supervisor.
- Tape down and dress all loose wire and cable.
- Check delivered equipment and room set-up against Banquet Event Order.
- Communicate any additions or deletions to flowsheets to manager/supervisor.
- Assist and instruct guests/customers regarding proper usage and operation of AV equipment, up-sell different AV services, and monitor equipment operation at appropriate intervals.
- Break-down, remove, and secure equipment when not in use.
- Read, understand, and adhere to Marriott Visual Productions (MVP program) SOP book.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Reach, grasp, turn, manipulate, move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online