Spurt – Our client is a Healthcare organization offering an integrative approach for total wellness using medicines. They offer essential pharmaceutical services such as medical consulting and pharmaceutical care. They have carved a niche by providing excellent medical and wellness counselling services, educating people on available options in obtaining complete healthcare solutions.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: General Manager
- Our client is looking for an exceptional candidate to take on the role of an Accountant.
- This is an exciting role responsible for hiring, administering pay, benefits, leave, and enforcing the company policies and practices.
- Ensure statutory compliance and timely filing of tax returns- VAT, CIT, NHF, PAYE e.tc.
- Process tax clearance certificates, Withholding Tax reconciliation and utilization reporting.
- Gather and monitor financial data like sales revenues and liabilities
- Ensure daily posting of all necessary ledgers of account accordingly
- Preparation of weekly, monthly financial reports.
- Managing office cash and updating transfer payments with supporting documents.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets for the company and also collate/monitor departmental budgets
- Invoice preparation and receipts generation
- Reconciling and balancing all financial records
- Disbursing funds necessary for office operations e.g., transport and office supplies
- Track and confirm payments from customers and any other bank activity.
- Create well detailed financial reports for management and audit purposes
- Monitor and report on any account discrepancies
- Conduct a detailed risk analysis to assess potential investment opportunities and advise management on risks
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of accounting information system to strengthen efficiency.
- Perform an internal audit to substantiate financial statements and transactions.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience in accounting.
- ACA is an added advantage
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close process
- Experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Experience with accounting software is a must.
- Excellent technical knowledge of budgeting, cash management, financial statements and financial analysis processes.
- Knowledgeable of Treasury management processes
- Proven ability to analyze complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
- ERP – SAP Knowledge an added advantage.
- Advanced excel skills are a must.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience in similar positions, especially with Supermarkets and Pharmacies.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards
- Excellent accounting software use and administration skills
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to operate in a performance-driven organization
- Ability to prepare work reports, develop and administer templates.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, proactive approach to work including the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage work stress and take own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Competencies / Skills:
- Good oral and written communication and the ability to have direct and open conversations
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be responsive and have excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite especially: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent at consensus building
- Strong planning and coordinating skills
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: have the hunger for and ability to take ownership of your projects
- Dynamism: be able to adjust quickly and effectively to new situations
- Integrity: we need to be able to trust your ability to do what is right not just what is expedient
- Sense of Humor: know how to laugh at yourself and lighten a mood with others.
- Work Ethic: do what it takes to get a job done
N200,000 – N300,000 Monthly.
Deadline: 31st March, 2022.